International Dance Day 2022 - Top 6 Benefits of Dance
To celebrate International Dance Day 2022 on Friday the 29th of April, we’ve put together our top 6 benefits of dance. Whether you love ballet or Zumba, you're 7 or 70 everyone can enjoy dancing! Dance has so many benefits for your body, your mind and also to keep you sociable. Keep reading to see our top 6 benefits!
1. Improves cardiovascular fitness - Dance can be a great workout and gets your heart rate right up! This increase in heart rate helps to improve your overall fitness. Dance can also help build endurance and stamina.
2. Improves strength, flexibility, and balance - The wide range of movements in dance requires you to use a lot of your muscles. Also, in dance people bend, move and shape their bodies in unusual ways so you are improving your flexibility. Finally balance, you may not realise it but when you're dancing you are working your core muscles too, which helps with balance and stability.
3. Mood Booster - Dance can be great for your mental health. When you dance you release serotonin which can improve your mood, reduce stress and help with anxiety. As well as this, it can help build confidence!
4. Helps with memory and challenges the brain - A big part of dancing is learning routines, dance steps, and exam work. This can sharpen your memory and don’t just take our word for it! Several studies have shown that dancing is linked to a reduced risk of dementia.
5. Meeting new people - Going to dance class is a great way to meet people with similar interests to you. Your future best friend could be waiting in the wings. So if you’re wanting to meet new people, dancing is the perfect hobby for you!
6. Inclusivity - Dance is for all! Over the years dance has become more accessible for all ages, disabilities, backgrounds and abilities. This means everyone can enjoy dance!
What are you waiting for, time to get dancing!
We hope you have been inspired & have a fab International Dance Day!
Share your day with us on social - @movedancewear
Thanks for reading!
From the Move Dance team x