When we ask you to provide certain information that will help us identify you when you use our site, rest assured that this information will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may need to make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page. You are also invited to consult this page regularly to ensure that the changes are suitable for you. This policy came into effect on February 9, 2011. We are required to explain our confidentiality policy as per the Data Protection Act 1998. In this section you can find out about:
- What data we collect
- How we collect data about you
- Why we collect data about you
- Where we store this data
- How we protect your data
1. What Data We Collect
1.1 Personal information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Billing information
- Your email address
- Your preferences and interests
- Your answers to customer surveys
- Your response to promotional offers
- Your IP address
- How you engage with Move social media accounts
2. How we collect data about you
- When you make an account & place an order
- By engaging with Move Dance social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, Linkedin)
- Through email (banners, hyperlinks, plug-ins)
3. Why we collect data about you
3.1 This information is collected to help us understand your needs and ensure optimal service, and particularly for the following reasons:
- To accurately record all billing and account information.
- To improve the quality of our products and services.
- To send you personalised emails to your email address regarding special offers, new products, and other information that we think you would be interested in.
- We may occasionally use your details to contact you via email or phone for market research.
- For statistical understanding of our customers through Google Analytics.
- To provide your email address on orders to allow you to receive order updates from couriers, and to track your parcels.
4. Where we store this data
4.1 Move keeps a private database of all details belonging to our customers. Move staff are the only people who have access to it.
5. How we protect your data
5.1 You consent to the collecting and storing of your data when you place an order. We must share your information whenever we are legally required to do so with relevant government or legal bodies. We will not sell or distribute your personal data to third parties except with your permission and authorization of the law.
5.2 We make every effort to ensure the security of your information. We work tirelessly and vigilantly to protect your data. In order to prevent unauthorised access or data leakage, we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect online.
5.3 We protect your data through secure transactions and never sharing your billing details with third parties. We use Sage Pay to process transactions made with a credit/debit card.
5.4 We invite you to limit the collection or use of your personal data as follows:
- Whenever you are asked to fill out a form on the Site, click the checkbox to indicate that you do not want your information to be used for commercial purposes.
- If you have previously authorized us to use your personal data for commercial purposes, you may at any time change your mind by writing to or sending us an email to the following address: [email protected]
- You can opt out of marketing subscriptions by ticking the checkbox when placing an order or creating an account. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails.
- You have the right to ask for details about the personal data we keep about you according to the Data Protection Act 1998. You will have to pay a small amount. If you wish to have a copy of the information we have about you, please write to Move Online Retail Limited, Unit 4, Thorncross Close, Manchester, M15 4LU, United Kingdom.
- You have the right to ensure the spelling and information of the data we have stored on you is correct and updated, or even request the deletion of such data. If you find that the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or send us an email as soon as possible to the address above. We will correct any information deemed incorrect upon receipt of your instruction.
6.1 What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that requests permission to be installed on your computer's hard drive. Once you have agreed, cookies can be used to rate the traffic to a website or to let us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to adapt to you as an individual. Web applications can adjust their operations to your needs and tastes by collecting and storing information about your preferences.