IntroductionThis policy states how Move Online Retail Limited uses and protects the data you provide to us when you use our site.
We treat all data that you provide us as confidential and only use and keep it in line with the rules detailed in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will never sell any data about you to any third party. We may pass data about you to third parties but only for a specific purpose as described in this policy document, for example to create a shipping label. In such cases we will only pass the relevant data that is required for the purpose.
The sections below will explain more about the data we collect, how we use it and how you can have access to it.
We may need to make changes to this policy from time to time by updating this page and we would invite you to consult this page periodically to ensure that the changes are acceptable to you.
The personal data that we keep about you
How we collect data about you
Disclosure of your personal data
Correspondence with you
Storage of your personal data
Your rights to your data
Links to other websites
The personal data that we keep about youWe only collect information that you willingly provide and give your consent to. There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information to us, but some information is necessary if you want to do any of the following:
- Place an order.
- Sign up for our newsletters, promotional materials and other services.
- Enter prize draws/competitions.
- Take part in a survey (in this instance your details will be passed to a third party for research purposes only and this third party is bound by the same Data Protection legislation that we are).
- Give us feedback.
The details you provide may include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Billing information
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your preferences and interests
- Your answers to customer surveys
- Your response to promotional offers
- How you engage with Move Dance social media accounts
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary and consistent with the purpose for which you have given it to us. For practical purposes this means that we will keep order contact information and order details indefinitely.
When you use our website, we may collect, store and use the following:
- Information about your PC and your visits to our website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, where you came from to our website, the length of your visit and the number and types of pages viewed.
We use this information to monitor the website and improve its performance and our service to you.
- Information about any purchases that you make on our website.
We use this information to fulfill your orders and to communicate with you about your order when necessary. If you provide us with your debit or credit card details, we will give you the choice to record them securely so that you use them when you next purchase for your convenience.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and allowing us to send you email notifications and/or promotional information.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of signing up for our newsletters, promotional information and competitions.
How we collect data about youThe information that we collect from and about you is gathered in the following ways:
- Through placing an order where you enter your details.
- During the newsletter signup process.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you engage with us through social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter Youtube, Pinterest, Linkedin etc.
- From information supplied by your web browser when you visit our site, such as your IP address, browser type and device type.
- From advertising campaigns where you click on advert links which direct you to our site.
Disclosure of your personal dataWe never sell your personal data to anyone.
We may however share your data with third parties, each of whom will treat your data as confidential and will use it solely for the purposes agreed. The data provided to any third party will be the minimum required by them for the purposes it is supplied. Your data may be shared for some or all of the reasons below:
- Delivery of your order.
- For settlement of transactions and fraud prevention purposes we will pass certain details on to banks and/or other payment providers.
- To allow third party suppliers to provide services to us which depend on this data, for example newsletter emails, market analysis, creation of shipping labels, competitions.
- If we have a legal duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- To allow third party suppliers to create and serve adverts to you, run marketing campaigns and analyse the results.
Correspondence with youWe often communicate with our customers to keep them up to date with information about our products, new ranges, competitions and promotions. We do this primarily via email and social media.
At any point in time you have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for such purposes and you can ask us to stop sending this information at any time.
If you are an account holder you can change your preferences in your account settings. On all email correspondences there is an 'unsubscribe' link which you can click on to stop receiving all such emails from us. This link appears on emails to all recipients so you don't have to have an account to control your receipt of such correspondence.
Storage of your personal dataWhen collecting your data through our website we will always use Secure Server Technology (SSL-128 bit encryption) to ensure industry standard security of your data during transmission.
When you choose to store credit card details in your account with us we do not store these details on our systems but use bank and/or payment gateway services which have the necessary higher security levels for storing this sensitive financial data.
Access to your data on our systems is secured within our data centre and protected from external access by any unauthorised person.
When you have created an account you are responsible for keeping your password safe and for not divulging it to anybody else.
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK and the European Economic Area. It may be processed by employees operating outside the UK and European Economic Area who work for us or for our third party suppliers. These employees or third parties may be engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will ensure an adequate level of data protection, for example by means of a contract incorporating the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure your information continues to be treated in accordance with applicable law.
By submitting your personal information on our website, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing or your data as described above.
Your rights to your dataIf you have an account then once you are logged in you can access your personal data and amend or delete certain elements, such as your saved payment details.
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation we will on request provide you with the data that we hold about you and additionally will amend or remove that data in accordance with your instructions.
As a logged in user you have access to all the data that we hold about you and are able to check and amend it.
Please note that we can only remove data which is not required for the processing of any orders you place through our website.
To request information about the data we hold about you:
Contact our customer services via email requesting access to the information that we hold about you. If you are an account holder you must contact us using the email address that you have registered with your account. If you are not an account holder you must contact us using an email address that has been used to place an order.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and respond with the requested data within one month. We will only ever correspond with you via the email address associated with your account or order(s).
To amend the data we hold about you:
Contact our customer services via phone or email as described above in 'To request information about the data we hold about you'.
For telephone amendments we will establish your identity through our usual security checks and make the changes either there and then or as soon as we can following the call.
For email requests we will acknowledge receipt of your request and respond within one month confirming what data has been amended.
To delete the data we hold about you:
Contact our customer services via email in the same way as described above in 'To request information about the data we hold about you'.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and respond within one month confirming what data has been removed from our systems.
Charges for accessing your data:
Reasonable requests to access, amend or delete your data are free of charge, however we will make a charge of £10 per request for requests that are manifestly unfounded, excessive or repeated.